The next regular meeting of the Libertarian Party of Tom Green County will be held June 20 th 2011 at Hidalgo's West on Sherwood Way.
The meeting room will be available at 6:00pm for dinner and socializing before the meeting and the meeting will start at 7:00pm.
- Future Meetings
- The July meeting will be held on July 11 th 7:00pm at Hidalgo's West. Future meetings will be tentatively scheduled for the 2 nd Monday of each month at Hidalgo's West.
- Introduction of the executive committee
- Each member of the executive committee will give information on their involvement with the party. Volunteers to fill a vacancy on the committee will be recruited.
- Preliminary goals for the local party will be discussed. These include
- Running for and winning local offices.
- Lobbying for City Council meeting times that are friendly to citizen work schedules. There should be evening and weekend meetings to encourage greater participation in the process.
- Engaging younger audience, especially at ASU.
- More letters to the editor by Libertarians and from a libertarian point of view.
- Volunteer Training
- If there is enough interest, we would like to conduct a short letter writing class with some simple reference materials.
- Let us know what other training our local Libertarians would find useful.
- Request for Ideas and input
- We plan on ending future meetings with ideas, input, and feedback from the people at that meeting. We especially need to update our statement of principles. Please let us know what you expect, what you hear, what you see, and what you need.
Hope to see you all there.